From: Mark Probert on
Peter Bowditch wrote:
> Mark Probert <markprobert(a)lumbercartel.com> wrote:
>
>> Yuri Kuchinsky wrote:
>>> "Vaccine-man" <ziggittes(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> news:f422235a-cfa4-4b20-80d6-fc460974d5cf(a)n20g2000hsh.googlegroups.com...
>>>> On Nov 25, 9:34 pm, "Yuri Kuchinsky" <y...(a)trends.ca> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> I don't have the entire text of Dr. Sabin's speech.
>>>> Have you ever read or heard a recording of his speech? If not, how can
>>>> you be certain if it was ever made or, if it was, in what context this
>>>> quote may have been made?
>>>>
>>>>> Nevertheless, I'm not aware of a single case when a reputable alt site
>>>>> posted a fake quote. Therefore, I give it a very high probability that
>>>>> this
>>>>> particular quote from Dr. Sabin is valid.
>>>> Can you explain under what possible circumstances that Dr. Sabin would
>>>> make a comment condemning vaccines, yet continue his career's work and
>>>> establishing a pro-vaccine organization, the Sabin Vaccine Institute?
>>>>
>>>> http://sabin.org/about/sabin_mission.html
>>>>
>>>>> How about this one from Dr Morris?
>>>> I'd like to resolve the one regarding Dr. Sabin first, if you don't
>>>> mind. No sense in distractions.
>>> There's no evidence that this quote from Sabin is incorrect. I'm sorry it
>>> doesn't fit into your world view, but it's not my fault...
>> There is no evidence that this alleged quote from Sabin is correct. I do
>> not give a feces if this does not fit into your narrow mind.
>
> More research is being done, meanwhile:
>
> Dear Peter,
> I am checking a couple of places I think might be able to help us with
> this. Thanks for your dilligence in pointing this out. I think it's
> obvious that the quote has been cut and pasted from website to website
> without any real thought by the fact that most of them say "Decemebr"
> 7, 1985! I'll let you know what I find out.
>
> Nate xxxx
> Sabin Vaccine Institute
>


Most curious.

From: Rudy Canoza on
Yuri Kuchinsky wrote:
> "Vaccine-man" <ziggittes(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:a7b92016-a172-457f-9608-22bf6b95dcaa(a)t47g2000hsc.googlegroups.com...
>> On Nov 25, 7:40 pm, yu0...(a)gmail.com wrote:
>>> On Nov 23, 8:13 pm, wri...(a)l1000.prodigy.net (David Wright) wrote:
>>>> In the fraudulent "quotation."
>>> The quotation is not fraudulent.
>> Yuri, can you provide the entire text of Dr. Sabin's speech so that we
>> can all evaluate its context? I have searched Google and cannot locate
>> it. In fact, the only places that I do see this quotation are on
>> antivaccine web sites. Surely, in the interest of *honest discussion*
>> you can provide us the evidence we need to independently evaluate your
>> assertions.
>
> I don't have the entire text of Dr. Sabin's speech.

You certainly don't - you've never seen the "speech".
All you've ever seen is other anti-vaccination
activists reproducing the "quote".


>
> Nevertheless, I'm not aware of a single case when a reputable alt site
> posted a fake quote.

argumentum ad ignorantiam - just because you claim to
be ignorant of altie sites faking quotes doesn't mean
it doesn't happen, on a vast scale.



> Therefore, I give it a very high probability that this
> particular quote from Dr. Sabin is valid.

You *want* it to be "valid" [sic] because it fits with
your ideology.
From: David Wright on
In article <vllrk3tkjqp42o0caelf2224nru555p00a(a)4ax.com>,
Peter Bowditch <myfirstname(a)ratbags.com> wrote:
>Mark Probert <markprobert(a)lumbercartel.com> wrote:
>
>>Yuri Kuchinsky wrote:
>>> "Vaccine-man" <ziggittes(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> news:f422235a-cfa4-4b20-80d6-fc460974d5cf(a)n20g2000hsh.googlegroups.com...
>>>> On Nov 25, 9:34 pm, "Yuri Kuchinsky" <y...(a)trends.ca> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> I don't have the entire text of Dr. Sabin's speech.
>>>> Have you ever read or heard a recording of his speech? If not, how can
>>>> you be certain if it was ever made or, if it was, in what context this
>>>> quote may have been made?
>>>>
>>>>> Nevertheless, I'm not aware of a single case when a reputable alt site
>>>>> posted a fake quote. Therefore, I give it a very high probability that
>>>>> this
>>>>> particular quote from Dr. Sabin is valid.
>>>> Can you explain under what possible circumstances that Dr. Sabin would
>>>> make a comment condemning vaccines, yet continue his career's work and
>>>> establishing a pro-vaccine organization, the Sabin Vaccine Institute?
>>>>
>>>> http://sabin.org/about/sabin_mission.html
>>>>
>>>>> How about this one from Dr Morris?
>>>> I'd like to resolve the one regarding Dr. Sabin first, if you don't
>>>> mind. No sense in distractions.
>>>
>>> There's no evidence that this quote from Sabin is incorrect. I'm sorry it
>>> doesn't fit into your world view, but it's not my fault...
>>
>>There is no evidence that this alleged quote from Sabin is correct. I do
>>not give a feces if this does not fit into your narrow mind.
>
>More research is being done, meanwhile:
>
>Dear Peter,
>I am checking a couple of places I think might be able to help us with
>this. Thanks for your dilligence in pointing this out. I think it's
>obvious that the quote has been cut and pasted from website to website
>without any real thought by the fact that most of them say "Decemebr"
>7, 1985! I'll let you know what I find out.
>
>Nate xxxx
>Sabin Vaccine Institute

I received a similar email today. We'll hope Nate is able to come up
with something. I figure the most likely outcomes are either that
Sabin wasn't in Italy on December 7, 1985, or that someone else made
the offending statement.

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
These are my opinions only, but they're almost always correct.
"Saddam Hussein was a bad man, connected with some incredibly dangerous
people: Cheney, Rumsfeld, George Galloway." -- Marcus Brigstocke
From: Rudy Canoza on
David Wright wrote:
> In article <vllrk3tkjqp42o0caelf2224nru555p00a(a)4ax.com>,
> Peter Bowditch <myfirstname(a)ratbags.com> wrote:
>> Mark Probert <markprobert(a)lumbercartel.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Yuri Kuchinsky wrote:
>>>> "Vaccine-man" <ziggittes(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>>> news:f422235a-cfa4-4b20-80d6-fc460974d5cf(a)n20g2000hsh.googlegroups.com...
>>>>> On Nov 25, 9:34 pm, "Yuri Kuchinsky" <y...(a)trends.ca> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> I don't have the entire text of Dr. Sabin's speech.
>>>>> Have you ever read or heard a recording of his speech? If not, how can
>>>>> you be certain if it was ever made or, if it was, in what context this
>>>>> quote may have been made?
>>>>>
>>>>>> Nevertheless, I'm not aware of a single case when a reputable alt site
>>>>>> posted a fake quote. Therefore, I give it a very high probability that
>>>>>> this
>>>>>> particular quote from Dr. Sabin is valid.
>>>>> Can you explain under what possible circumstances that Dr. Sabin would
>>>>> make a comment condemning vaccines, yet continue his career's work and
>>>>> establishing a pro-vaccine organization, the Sabin Vaccine Institute?
>>>>>
>>>>> http://sabin.org/about/sabin_mission.html
>>>>>
>>>>>> How about this one from Dr Morris?
>>>>> I'd like to resolve the one regarding Dr. Sabin first, if you don't
>>>>> mind. No sense in distractions.
>>>> There's no evidence that this quote from Sabin is incorrect. I'm sorry it
>>>> doesn't fit into your world view, but it's not my fault...
>>> There is no evidence that this alleged quote from Sabin is correct. I do
>>> not give a feces if this does not fit into your narrow mind.
>> More research is being done, meanwhile:
>>
>> Dear Peter,
>> I am checking a couple of places I think might be able to help us with
>> this. Thanks for your dilligence in pointing this out. I think it's
>> obvious that the quote has been cut and pasted from website to website
>> without any real thought by the fact that most of them say "Decemebr"
>> 7, 1985! I'll let you know what I find out.
>>
>> Nate xxxx
>> Sabin Vaccine Institute
>
> I received a similar email today. We'll hope Nate is able to come up
> with something. I figure the most likely outcomes are either that
> Sabin wasn't in Italy on December 7, 1985, or that someone else made
> the offending statement.

A third plausible outcome is that it is a complete
fabrication - no one of any note said it.
From: Mark Probert on
Rudy Canoza wrote:
> Yuri Kuchinsky wrote:
>> "Vaccine-man" <ziggittes(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> news:a7b92016-a172-457f-9608-22bf6b95dcaa(a)t47g2000hsc.googlegroups.com...
>>> On Nov 25, 7:40 pm, yu0...(a)gmail.com wrote:
>>>> On Nov 23, 8:13 pm, wri...(a)l1000.prodigy.net (David Wright) wrote:
>>>>> In the fraudulent "quotation."
>>>> The quotation is not fraudulent.
>>> Yuri, can you provide the entire text of Dr. Sabin's speech so that we
>>> can all evaluate its context? I have searched Google and cannot locate
>>> it. In fact, the only places that I do see this quotation are on
>>> antivaccine web sites. Surely, in the interest of *honest discussion*
>>> you can provide us the evidence we need to independently evaluate your
>>> assertions.
>>
>> I don't have the entire text of Dr. Sabin's speech.
>
> You certainly don't - you've never seen the "speech". All you've ever
> seen is other anti-vaccination activists reproducing the "quote".
>
>
>>
>> Nevertheless, I'm not aware of a single case when a reputable alt site
>> posted a fake quote.
>
> argumentum ad ignorantiam - just because you claim to be ignorant of
> altie sites faking quotes doesn't mean it doesn't happen, on a vast scale.
>
>
>
>> Therefore, I give it a very high probability that this particular
>> quote from Dr. Sabin is valid.
>
> You *want* it to be "valid" [sic] because it fits with your ideology.

Yuri does not have an ideology. He has an Idiotology.