From: mainframetech on

JohnDoe said:
>Thimerosal is no longer used in vaccines and autims numbers are still
>not going down.

This is not true. At the following link you can view a recent
(11/16/06) table of drugs that still use Thimerosal as per the FDA:

http://www.fda.gov/cber/vaccine/thimerosal.htm#t3

Under the title: "Thimerosal Content in Currently Manufactured
U.S. Licensed Vaccines"

Not that I'm a supporter of the FDA, but they would never have
posted the info unless they felt it was required.

Chris

From: JohnDoe on
mainframetech wrote:
> JohnDoe said:
>
>>Thimerosal is no longer used in vaccines and autims numbers are still
>>not going down.
>
>
> This is not true. At the following link you can view a recent
> (11/16/06) table of drugs that still use Thimerosal as per the FDA:
>
> http://www.fda.gov/cber/vaccine/thimerosal.htm#t3
>
> Under the title: "Thimerosal Content in Currently Manufactured
> U.S. Licensed Vaccines"
>
> Not that I'm a supporter of the FDA, but they would never have
> posted the info unless they felt it was required.
>
> Chris

For starters, see any vaccines in there that kids get?
From: mainframetech on


John Doe,
Yes, very definitely stuff there intended for children. DTaP, TT,
Td and Hepatitus B which the CDC says "Scientific data show that
hepatitis B vaccines are very safe for infants, children, and adults."

If your question was intended to determine who is at risk,
children are the guinea pigs for many of these vaccines. Remember,
many children are so young when they get the vaccinations, they don't
know to complain of any symptoms, and it's very difficult to nail down
the cause of problems years later. A special on CNN a few weeks ago
mentioned that they took the Thimerosal out of many individual doses
of vaccines after there was an international flap, but had left it in
some( which turned out to be the children's large batches of
vaccine).

Now, if there's some doubt about a chemical in a vaccine, why
remove it from the adult doses, and not the children? "Who benefits?"
is the question to ask, and then maybe "who supported the decision and
the deciders".

Chris

From: Mark Probert on
mainframetech wrote:
>
> John Doe,
> Yes, very definitely stuff there intended for children. DTaP, TT,
> Td and Hepatitus B which the CDC says "Scientific data show that
> hepatitis B vaccines are very safe for infants, children, and adults."
>
> If your question was intended to determine who is at risk,
> children are the guinea pigs for many of these vaccines. Remember,
> many children are so young when they get the vaccinations, they don't
> know to complain of any symptoms, and it's very difficult to nail down
> the cause of problems years later. A special on CNN a few weeks ago
> mentioned that they took the Thimerosal out of many individual doses
> of vaccines after there was an international flap, but had left it in
> some( which turned out to be the children's large batches of
> vaccine).

Nearly all childhood vaccines are available without Thimerosal.

> Now, if there's some doubt about a chemical in a vaccine, why
> remove it from the adult doses, and not the children?

Simple. The FDA was concerned that the lying anti-vaccination
scaremongers would cause a downturn in the uptake of vaccines, and thus
cause widespread breakouts. It happened in the UK with the MMR, and
locally here with Pertussis. Thus, they took the scary stuff out.
Otherwise, it would still be there, and still safe and effective.


From: mainframetech on


>Nearly all childhood vaccines are available without Thimerosal.

Mark,
Quite an admission if the converse is true, that nearly all
childhood vaccines are available WITH Thimerosal. When does the
parent at the clinic or outpatient offices get to choose the right
version for themselves, or even hear that interesting piece of news?

>Simple. The FDA was concerned that the lying anti-vaccination
>scaremongers would cause a downturn in the uptake of vaccines, and thus
>cause widespread breakouts.

This is very strong language from someone that is a caring
person. I assume that you are caring because I see you have decided
to fight hard to protect everyone with the cures and treatments of the
mainstream medical community as dictated by the drug companies and set
out by the FDA. While I think highly of such avocations, I think
rather less of insulting people to try to convince them to think your
way. I figure it probably does the opposite of what is intended. It
certainly causes me to think twice about your motives.

I seriously doubt there are very many "anti-vaccination" people
out there, but there may be many anti-Thimerosal people based on what
has been in the news. Mercury scares many people, especially after
hearing that certain people should avoid certain fish that may be full
of it. Whether you feel that the info is true or not, it is something
that parents worry about, which won't go away by a lot of name-
calling.

As to a "downturn in the uptake" of drug company products, causing
them grievous financial losses, by simply removing Thimerosal, there
wouldn't be any problem. And probably with less money lost than
trying to keep the Thimerosal in there and deal with the
"scaremongers".

In any event, I for one would certainly be happy to hear whatever
you can add about avoiding mercury in our daily foods and medicines.
My first thought would be to put capable scrubbers on power company
coal plants.

Chris

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Prev: ~ * The Animal Rescue
Next: Sodium Benzoate