From: Jan Drew on

"Mark Probert" <markprobert(a)lumbercartel.com> wrote in message
news:fLYRg.4059$Zj4.2093(a)trndny04...
> Vernon wrote:
>> "Mark Probert" <markprobert(a)lumbercartel.com> wrote in message
>> news:EJURg.1331$0Y2.806(a)trndny09...
>>> PeterB wrote:
>>>> Rich wrote:
>>>>>> "Sumbuny" <Sumbuny(a)THISSHOULDBEGONEcox.net> wrote in message
>>>>>> news:spERg.1341$Rp3.1000(a)dukeread12...
>>>>>>> "Vernon" <athere(a)athere> wrote in message
>>>>>>> news:4515cb06$0$23828$882e0bbb(a)news.ThunderNews.com...
>>>>>>>> "Sumbuny" <Sumbuny(a)THISSHOULDBEGONEcox.net> wrote in message
>>>>>>>> news:NcjRg.1294$Rp3.781(a)dukeread12...
>>>>>>>>> "Vernon" <athere(a)athere> wrote in message
>>>>>>>>> news:45140cd0$0$23894$882e0bbb(a)news.ThunderNews.com...
>>>>>>>>>> "Sumbuny" <Sumbuny(a)THISSHOULDBEGONEcox.net> wrote in message
>>>>>>>>>> news:KMEQg.71$Rp3.63(a)dukeread12...
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> "Mark Probert" <markprobert(a)lumbercartel.com> wrote in message
>>>>>>>>>>> news:wPdQg.3212$Se.671(a)trndny03...
>>>>>>>>>>>> http://www.adderallxr.com/ty/ty_story/
>>>>>>>>>>> No surprise there...I suspected he was ADHD since he was on
>>>>>>>>>>> "Trading
>>>>>>>>>>> Spaces"...the fact that he "came out" about it was brave, since
>>>>>>>>>>> so
>>>>>>>>>>> many who have it do not want other to know about it, fearing
>>>>>>>>>>> that it
>>>>>>>>>>> will harm their careers...a shame, really.
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>>>>>> Buny
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> " Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy
>>>>>>>>>>> merely to
>>>>>>>>>>> be normal."
>>>>>>>>>>> ~ Albert Camus
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> Most who have the imaginary "it" don't know they have "it" and
>>>>>>>>>> just
>>>>>>>>>> get on with their lives knowing that no two people are alike and
>>>>>>>>>> REFUSE to take drugs to become an automon or programmed
>>>>>>>>>> personality
>>>>>>>>>> that fits some imaginary standard.
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> Yep, there are people who ACTUALLY like who they are. Then there
>>>>>>>>>> are
>>>>>>>>>> the druggies and alcoholics.
>>>>>>>>> Perfect example...if I said I had ADHD, would you say the same
>>>>>>>>> thing
>>>>>>>>> about me as well?
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>>>> Buny
>>>>>>>> If you said it, you would be wrong, absolutely convinced and
>>>>>>>> possibly
>>>>>>>> under some treatment, but wrong.
>>>>>>> ...and if I told you that my treatment involved such non-medicinal
>>>>>>> things
>>>>>>> as seen here? http://www.ldonline.org/article/8797?theme=print
>>>>>> Teachers have NO business to instruct children about ADHD.
>>>>>>
>>>>> What an incredibly stupid comment! First of all, the article is about
>>>>> instructing children who HAVE ADHD, not instructing children ABOUT
>>>>> ADHD.
>>>>> (More evidence of your poor reading comprehension skills.) Second,
>>>>> teachers
>>>>> are very much in the business of instructing children about anything
>>>>> and
>>>>> everything, and certainly ADHD is a subject that children should know
>>>>> more
>>>>> about, since they are interacting daily with ADHD fellow students.
>>>>> Third,
>>>>> YOU have no business telling teachers what they should teach.
>>>> Pu-leeze. The only medical issues that teachers should be talking to
>>>> children about are those relating to the approved curriculum, not an
>>>> "amphetakids" commercial from the drug makers designed to turn every
>>>> kid into an addict.
>>> Petey, can you read? The URL posted by Buny is an excellent summation of
>>> teching strategies and skills for the instruction of all children.
>>> Nowhere does that article address teaching kids ABOUT the disorder.
>>>
>>> HOWEVER, considering that kids with the disorder are often ostracized,
>>> bullied and tormented, teaching children about why others act
>>> differently is something that a teacher should do. Oftentimes, school is
>>> the one place in a child's life where they are meeting people who are
>>> different from them.
>>>
>>
>> Sure, teach them that "those" people are not normal. They are
>> "different".
>
> One can be different and still be normal. Your semantics suck.
>
>> I was different.
>
> What do you mean "was"?
>
> Often the neat (jocks) people would try to make fun. BUT
>> since I was never told I was a "sicko" needing drugs, I survived.
>
> That has never been determinative of anything. Bullying is perpetrated by
> those who can do it because they have problems, not the victims.

Well, well just look at who is posting of *Bullying*.

Mark Probert the Internet Bully.
>
> It wasn't
>> long before whenever I went into a classroom at the beginning of a
>> semester in H.S. , I would be immediately surrounded by girls and some
>> other "nerds". Of course they have just finished a study showing that
>> girls mentally mature earlier than boys. I had several things going FOR,
>> (note; FOR), me, all the way through college.
>> 1. I was never quiet in class.
>> 2. I fidgeted
>> 3. I always became teacher's pet.
>> 4. I seldom did my homework and teachers would berate me public
>> 5. I always got the highest or near highest grades on exams.
>> 6. The few times the jocks got physical, they found out that I worked in
>> a vegetable store carrying 100lb sacks of various foods for three hours 7
>> days a week.
>> 7. The only time I got really special treatment from teachers was gym
>> teachers who kept me away from other students and eventually said I
>> should be excused from gym because I obviously didn't need it. Of course
>> that gave me opportunity to take other classes.
>> 8. I always got asked to dances BY girls. (I could dance) (I learned
>> because I walked funny when I was four or five and my mother sent me to
>> dance school and continued until I was 11.)
>> 9. I never drank or smoked until 21. Never drank on my own. I was
>> served wine and beer at home, regularly, and was told stories about
>> people who were dumb enough to get drunk.
>> 9. I was kidded because there was always a crowd of girls around my
>> locker.
>>
>> I was so abnormal, I really should have been on some meds. "GEEEE, He's
>> different" "Zap him" "WE can't have a child like that"
>
> Vern, the "Chick magnet"
>
>
>
>


From: Peter Bowditch on
ace_berzerker <ace_berzerker(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

>Vernon wrote:
>> The only thing I thought was that girls are easy and the prettier,
>> the easier. By easy, I DON'T mean sexually, just easy to make a
>> follower or partner. A LOT of it was not my charm (I didn't think I
>> had any), but having answers in group studies and in lab work.
>
>not part of my experience.
>
>i went to a college prep for boys, run by the jesuits.
>
>if we got out of line, there was 60 lines of shakespeare waiting to be
>memorized on saturday morning.

No problem for Vern. About the only thing he hasn't claimed is that he
wrote Shakespeare, but he has probably appeared in all the plays.
Probably taught Olivier and Brannagh how to act as well.
--
Peter Bowditch aa #2243
The Millenium Project http://www.ratbags.com/rsoles
Australian Council Against Health Fraud http://www.acahf.org.au
Australian Skeptics http://www.skeptics.com.au
To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com
From: Vernon on

"ace_berzerker" <ace_berzerker(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:8kZRg.4797$Go3.1826(a)dukeread05...
> Vernon wrote:
>> The only thing I thought was that girls are easy and the prettier, the
>> easier. By easy, I DON'T mean sexually, just easy to make a follower or
>> partner. A LOT of it was not my charm (I didn't think I had any), but
>> having answers in group studies and in lab work.
>
> not part of my experience.
>
> i went to a college prep for boys, run by the jesuits.
>
> if we got out of line, there was 60 lines of shakespeare waiting to be
> memorized on saturday morning.

You don't mean to say that your punishment was actually productive? That
wouldn't work today.


From: David Wright on
In article <1159195343.642419.156890(a)d34g2000cwd.googlegroups.com>,
PeterB <pkm(a)mytrashmail.com> wrote:
>
>David Wright wrote:
>> In article <1158938448.861054.249950(a)i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
>> PeterB <pkm(a)mytrashmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> >JohnDoe wrote:
>>
>> >> That's 2 PhD's at most. Where are the other ones you told us about
>> >> Vernon? You know, the ones that made you 'dominant scientist' somewhere,
>> >> helped you invent magnetic tape, got you in top position at NASA, helped
>> >> you overhaul the complete production procedures at Intel etc. And where
>> >> did you find the time to learn to speak German? Oh yeah, that's right,
>> >> you don't speak German.
>> >
>> >I guess you have little choice but to attack those infinitely more
>> >intelligent than you. I mean, what choice do you have?
>>
>> Non-mathematicians like PeterB would be well advised to avoid
>> mentioning infinity. It just makes them sound dumb.
>
>You're hardly the one to be making a comment about mathematics. Do you
>still think that a murder in the hospital compromises data collected
>for an iatrongenic study? hehe

Thanks for reinforcing my point about you. Whether or not something
should be included in a set of statistics is a matter of
interpretation, not a matter of mathematics. I already knew you were
a mathematical dimwit, but it's good of you to supply more evidence.

You probably think all infinities are the same size.

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
These are my opinions only, but they're almost always correct.
"George Bush is a gruesome boob." -- Bill Maher
From: Rich on

"David Wright" <wright(a)l1000.prodigy.net> wrote in message
news:W%_Rg.5512$e66.4868(a)newssvr13.news.prodigy.com...
> In article <1159195343.642419.156890(a)d34g2000cwd.googlegroups.com>,
> PeterB <pkm(a)mytrashmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>David Wright wrote:
>>> In article <1158938448.861054.249950(a)i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
>>> PeterB <pkm(a)mytrashmail.com> wrote:
>>> >
>>> >JohnDoe wrote:
>>>
>>> >> That's 2 PhD's at most. Where are the other ones you told us about
>>> >> Vernon? You know, the ones that made you 'dominant scientist'
>>> >> somewhere,
>>> >> helped you invent magnetic tape, got you in top position at NASA,
>>> >> helped
>>> >> you overhaul the complete production procedures at Intel etc. And
>>> >> where
>>> >> did you find the time to learn to speak German? Oh yeah, that's
>>> >> right,
>>> >> you don't speak German.
>>> >
>>> >I guess you have little choice but to attack those infinitely more
>>> >intelligent than you. I mean, what choice do you have?
>>>
>>> Non-mathematicians like PeterB would be well advised to avoid
>>> mentioning infinity. It just makes them sound dumb.
>>
>>You're hardly the one to be making a comment about mathematics. Do you
>>still think that a murder in the hospital compromises data collected
>>for an iatrongenic study? hehe
>
> Thanks for reinforcing my point about you. Whether or not something
> should be included in a set of statistics is a matter of
> interpretation, not a matter of mathematics. I already knew you were
> a mathematical dimwit, but it's good of you to supply more evidence.
>
> You probably think all infinities are the same size.
>

He'd better look out for that Taliban warlord, Aleph II!

;o) Rich