From: Vernon on

"Sumbuny" <Sumbuny(a)THISSHOULDBEGONEcox.net> wrote in message
news:t6YRg.1378$Rp3.42(a)dukeread12...
>
>
>
> "Vernon" <athere(a)athere> wrote in message
> news:4517ebe1$0$23908$882e0bbb(a)news.ThunderNews.com...
>>
>> "Sumbuny" <Sumbuny(a)THISSHOULDBEGONEcox.net> wrote in message
>> news:GwGRg.1348$Rp3.943(a)dukeread12...
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>> O.K., you have some mental problems and have found a new religion.
>>
>> It is interfering with your ability to see when someone is in general
>> agreement.
>>
>> If you think your religion needs defending, re-think your decisions.
>
> What are you "generally agreeing" with...exactly? Oh, and FWIW, my
> religious beliefs have nothing to do with my medical and educational
> therapies....

"religious" is NOT limited to deistic.

Pragmatic and consistant behavior based on a beleif system is a religion
Jogging EVERY day is a religion.
TaiChi IS a religion
Yoga is a religion.
To some their doctor is their God.

YOU brought up the mind control exersize. (religion)

>
> --
> Buny
>
> " Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be
> normal."
> ~ Albert Camus
>
>


From: Vernon on

"Sumbuny" <Sumbuny(a)THISSHOULDBEGONEcox.net> wrote in message
news:xbYRg.1379$Rp3.848(a)dukeread12...
>
>
> Teachers have to be very concerned about ADHD...their jobs may depend on
> how informed they are about it, if they have students that have it....


They have students they don't like. Children are not automons that need
"fixing".

>
> Besides have it myself, and having children with it, I am a dual major
> (special ed, and elementary ed)...I know at least a little about this...


You are obsessed with yoursel and have passed it on to your children.

AD/HD doesn't exist except on paper.

>
>
>
> --
> Buny
>
> " Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be
> normal."
> ~ Albert Camus
>
>


From: Mark Probert on
Vernon wrote:
> "Mark Probert" <markprobert(a)lumbercartel.com> wrote in message
> news:EJURg.1331$0Y2.806(a)trndny09...
>> PeterB wrote:
>>> Rich wrote:
>>>>> "Sumbuny" <Sumbuny(a)THISSHOULDBEGONEcox.net> wrote in message
>>>>> news:spERg.1341$Rp3.1000(a)dukeread12...
>>>>>> "Vernon" <athere(a)athere> wrote in message
>>>>>> news:4515cb06$0$23828$882e0bbb(a)news.ThunderNews.com...
>>>>>>> "Sumbuny" <Sumbuny(a)THISSHOULDBEGONEcox.net> wrote in message
>>>>>>> news:NcjRg.1294$Rp3.781(a)dukeread12...
>>>>>>>> "Vernon" <athere(a)athere> wrote in message
>>>>>>>> news:45140cd0$0$23894$882e0bbb(a)news.ThunderNews.com...
>>>>>>>>> "Sumbuny" <Sumbuny(a)THISSHOULDBEGONEcox.net> wrote in message
>>>>>>>>> news:KMEQg.71$Rp3.63(a)dukeread12...
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> "Mark Probert" <markprobert(a)lumbercartel.com> wrote in message
>>>>>>>>>> news:wPdQg.3212$Se.671(a)trndny03...
>>>>>>>>>>> http://www.adderallxr.com/ty/ty_story/
>>>>>>>>>> No surprise there...I suspected he was ADHD since he was on
>>>>>>>>>> "Trading
>>>>>>>>>> Spaces"...the fact that he "came out" about it was brave, since so
>>>>>>>>>> many who have it do not want other to know about it, fearing that
>>>>>>>>>> it
>>>>>>>>>> will harm their careers...a shame, really.
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>>>>> Buny
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> " Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely
>>>>>>>>>> to
>>>>>>>>>> be normal."
>>>>>>>>>> ~ Albert Camus
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Most who have the imaginary "it" don't know they have "it" and just
>>>>>>>>> get on with their lives knowing that no two people are alike and
>>>>>>>>> REFUSE to take drugs to become an automon or programmed personality
>>>>>>>>> that fits some imaginary standard.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Yep, there are people who ACTUALLY like who they are. Then there
>>>>>>>>> are
>>>>>>>>> the druggies and alcoholics.
>>>>>>>> Perfect example...if I said I had ADHD, would you say the same thing
>>>>>>>> about me as well?
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>>> Buny
>>>>>>> If you said it, you would be wrong, absolutely convinced and possibly
>>>>>>> under some treatment, but wrong.
>>>>>> ...and if I told you that my treatment involved such non-medicinal
>>>>>> things
>>>>>> as seen here? http://www.ldonline.org/article/8797?theme=print
>>>>> Teachers have NO business to instruct children about ADHD.
>>>>>
>>>> What an incredibly stupid comment! First of all, the article is about
>>>> instructing children who HAVE ADHD, not instructing children ABOUT ADHD.
>>>> (More evidence of your poor reading comprehension skills.) Second,
>>>> teachers
>>>> are very much in the business of instructing children about anything and
>>>> everything, and certainly ADHD is a subject that children should know
>>>> more
>>>> about, since they are interacting daily with ADHD fellow students.
>>>> Third,
>>>> YOU have no business telling teachers what they should teach.
>>> Pu-leeze. The only medical issues that teachers should be talking to
>>> children about are those relating to the approved curriculum, not an
>>> "amphetakids" commercial from the drug makers designed to turn every
>>> kid into an addict.
>> Petey, can you read? The URL posted by Buny is an excellent summation of
>> teching strategies and skills for the instruction of all children. Nowhere
>> does that article address teaching kids ABOUT the disorder.
>>
>> HOWEVER, considering that kids with the disorder are often ostracized,
>> bullied and tormented, teaching children about why others act differently
>> is something that a teacher should do. Oftentimes, school is the one place
>> in a child's life where they are meeting people who are different from
>> them.
>>
>
> Sure, teach them that "those" people are not normal. They are "different".

One can be different and still be normal. Your semantics suck.

> I was different.

What do you mean "was"?

Often the neat (jocks) people would try to make fun. BUT
> since I was never told I was a "sicko" needing drugs, I survived.

That has never been determinative of anything. Bullying is perpetrated
by those who can do it because they have problems, not the victims.

It wasn't
> long before whenever I went into a classroom at the beginning of a semester
> in H.S. , I would be immediately surrounded by girls and some other "nerds".
> Of course they have just finished a study showing that girls mentally mature
> earlier than boys. I had several things going FOR, (note; FOR), me, all the
> way through college.
> 1. I was never quiet in class.
> 2. I fidgeted
> 3. I always became teacher's pet.
> 4. I seldom did my homework and teachers would berate me public
> 5. I always got the highest or near highest grades on exams.
> 6. The few times the jocks got physical, they found out that I worked in a
> vegetable store carrying 100lb sacks of various foods for three hours 7 days
> a week.
> 7. The only time I got really special treatment from teachers was gym
> teachers who kept me away from other students and eventually said I should
> be excused from gym because I obviously didn't need it. Of course that gave
> me opportunity to take other classes.
> 8. I always got asked to dances BY girls. (I could dance) (I learned
> because I walked funny when I was four or five and my mother sent me to
> dance school and continued until I was 11.)
> 9. I never drank or smoked until 21. Never drank on my own. I was served
> wine and beer at home, regularly, and was told stories about people who were
> dumb enough to get drunk.
> 9. I was kidded because there was always a crowd of girls around my locker.
>
> I was so abnormal, I really should have been on some meds. "GEEEE, He's
> different" "Zap him" "WE can't have a child like that"

Vern, the "Chick magnet"




From: Vernon on

"Mark Probert" <markprobert(a)lumbercartel.com> wrote in message
news:fLYRg.4059$Zj4.2093(a)trndny04...
> Vernon wrote:
>> "Mark Probert" <markprobert(a)lumbercartel.com> wrote in message
>> news:EJURg.1331$0Y2.806(a)trndny09...
>>> PeterB wrote:
>>>> Rich wrote:
>>>>>> "Sumbuny" <Sumbuny(a)THISSHOULDBEGONEcox.net> wrote in message
>>>>>> news:spERg.1341$Rp3.1000(a)dukeread12...
>>>>>>> "Vernon" <athere(a)athere> wrote in message
>>>>>>> news:4515cb06$0$23828$882e0bbb(a)news.ThunderNews.com...
>>>>>>>> "Sumbuny" <Sumbuny(a)THISSHOULDBEGONEcox.net> wrote in message
>>>>>>>> news:NcjRg.1294$Rp3.781(a)dukeread12...
>>>>>>>>> "Vernon" <athere(a)athere> wrote in message
>>>>>>>>> news:45140cd0$0$23894$882e0bbb(a)news.ThunderNews.com...
>>>>>>>>>> "Sumbuny" <Sumbuny(a)THISSHOULDBEGONEcox.net> wrote in message
>>>>>>>>>> news:KMEQg.71$Rp3.63(a)dukeread12...
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> "Mark Probert" <markprobert(a)lumbercartel.com> wrote in message
>>>>>>>>>>> news:wPdQg.3212$Se.671(a)trndny03...
>>>>>>>>>>>> http://www.adderallxr.com/ty/ty_story/
>>>>>>>>>>> No surprise there...I suspected he was ADHD since he was on
>>>>>>>>>>> "Trading
>>>>>>>>>>> Spaces"...the fact that he "came out" about it was brave, since
>>>>>>>>>>> so
>>>>>>>>>>> many who have it do not want other to know about it, fearing
>>>>>>>>>>> that it
>>>>>>>>>>> will harm their careers...a shame, really.
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>>>>>> Buny
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> " Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy
>>>>>>>>>>> merely to
>>>>>>>>>>> be normal."
>>>>>>>>>>> ~ Albert Camus
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> Most who have the imaginary "it" don't know they have "it" and
>>>>>>>>>> just
>>>>>>>>>> get on with their lives knowing that no two people are alike and
>>>>>>>>>> REFUSE to take drugs to become an automon or programmed
>>>>>>>>>> personality
>>>>>>>>>> that fits some imaginary standard.
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> Yep, there are people who ACTUALLY like who they are. Then there
>>>>>>>>>> are
>>>>>>>>>> the druggies and alcoholics.
>>>>>>>>> Perfect example...if I said I had ADHD, would you say the same
>>>>>>>>> thing
>>>>>>>>> about me as well?
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>>>> Buny
>>>>>>>> If you said it, you would be wrong, absolutely convinced and
>>>>>>>> possibly
>>>>>>>> under some treatment, but wrong.
>>>>>>> ...and if I told you that my treatment involved such non-medicinal
>>>>>>> things
>>>>>>> as seen here? http://www.ldonline.org/article/8797?theme=print
>>>>>> Teachers have NO business to instruct children about ADHD.
>>>>>>
>>>>> What an incredibly stupid comment! First of all, the article is about
>>>>> instructing children who HAVE ADHD, not instructing children ABOUT
>>>>> ADHD.
>>>>> (More evidence of your poor reading comprehension skills.) Second,
>>>>> teachers
>>>>> are very much in the business of instructing children about anything
>>>>> and
>>>>> everything, and certainly ADHD is a subject that children should know
>>>>> more
>>>>> about, since they are interacting daily with ADHD fellow students.
>>>>> Third,
>>>>> YOU have no business telling teachers what they should teach.
>>>> Pu-leeze. The only medical issues that teachers should be talking to
>>>> children about are those relating to the approved curriculum, not an
>>>> "amphetakids" commercial from the drug makers designed to turn every
>>>> kid into an addict.
>>> Petey, can you read? The URL posted by Buny is an excellent summation of
>>> teching strategies and skills for the instruction of all children.
>>> Nowhere does that article address teaching kids ABOUT the disorder.
>>>
>>> HOWEVER, considering that kids with the disorder are often ostracized,
>>> bullied and tormented, teaching children about why others act
>>> differently is something that a teacher should do. Oftentimes, school is
>>> the one place in a child's life where they are meeting people who are
>>> different from them.
>>>
>>
>> Sure, teach them that "those" people are not normal. They are
>> "different".
>
> One can be different and still be normal. Your semantics suck.

Tell that to a school child and then give a lecture on semantics.
The child will likely be SCARRED for life. They will be on meds.

Answer why they are on meds and the others aren't.
Sick? Different? mental? nuts? uncontrollable?


>
>> I was different.
>
> What do you mean "was"?

I was different as a child.
I am different as an adult.

>
> Often the neat (jocks) people would try to make fun. BUT
>> since I was never told I was a "sicko" needing drugs, I survived.
>
> That has never been determinative of anything. Bullying is perpetrated by
> those who can do it because they have problems, not the victims.

I didn't mention bullying.
Those who "bully" need to be bullied by the responsible teacher or
"ejected".
Bullying is an outward manifestation controlled, not by medication, but by
discipline.
I was often told, "why don't you fight back". My answer was always "They
haven't touched me for real and I can put them in their place any time I
wish."

>
> It wasn't
>> long before whenever I went into a classroom at the beginning of a
>> semester in H.S. , I would be immediately surrounded by girls and some
>> other "nerds". Of course they have just finished a study showing that
>> girls mentally mature earlier than boys. I had several things going FOR,
>> (note; FOR), me, all the way through college.
>> 1. I was never quiet in class.
>> 2. I fidgeted
>> 3. I always became teacher's pet.
>> 4. I seldom did my homework and teachers would berate me public
>> 5. I always got the highest or near highest grades on exams.
>> 6. The few times the jocks got physical, they found out that I worked in
>> a vegetable store carrying 100lb sacks of various foods for three hours 7
>> days a week.
>> 7. The only time I got really special treatment from teachers was gym
>> teachers who kept me away from other students and eventually said I
>> should be excused from gym because I obviously didn't need it. Of course
>> that gave me opportunity to take other classes.
>> 8. I always got asked to dances BY girls. (I could dance) (I learned
>> because I walked funny when I was four or five and my mother sent me to
>> dance school and continued until I was 11.)
>> 9. I never drank or smoked until 21. Never drank on my own. I
From: ace_berzerker on
Vernon wrote:
> The only thing I thought was that girls are easy and the prettier,
> the easier. By easy, I DON'T mean sexually, just easy to make a
> follower or partner. A LOT of it was not my charm (I didn't think I
> had any), but having answers in group studies and in lab work.

not part of my experience.

i went to a college prep for boys, run by the jesuits.

if we got out of line, there was 60 lines of shakespeare waiting to be
memorized on saturday morning.