From: Sumbuny on

"Vernon" <athere(a)athere> wrote in message
news:4515cb06$0$23828$882e0bbb(a)news.ThunderNews.com...
>
> "Sumbuny" <Sumbuny(a)THISSHOULDBEGONEcox.net> wrote in message
> news:NcjRg.1294$Rp3.781(a)dukeread12...
>>
>> "Vernon" <athere(a)athere> wrote in message
>> news:45140cd0$0$23894$882e0bbb(a)news.ThunderNews.com...
>>>
>>> "Sumbuny" <Sumbuny(a)THISSHOULDBEGONEcox.net> wrote in message
>>> news:KMEQg.71$Rp3.63(a)dukeread12...
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> "Mark Probert" <markprobert(a)lumbercartel.com> wrote in message
>>>> news:wPdQg.3212$Se.671(a)trndny03...
>>>>> http://www.adderallxr.com/ty/ty_story/
>>>>
>>>> No surprise there...I suspected he was ADHD since he was on "Trading
>>>> Spaces"...the fact that he "came out" about it was brave, since so many
>>>> who have it do not want other to know about it, fearing that it will
>>>> harm their careers...a shame, really.
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> Buny
>>>>
>>>> " Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to
>>>> be normal."
>>>> ~ Albert Camus
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>> Most who have the imaginary "it" don't know they have "it" and just get
>>> on with their lives knowing that no two people are alike and REFUSE to
>>> take drugs to become an automon or programmed personality that fits some
>>> imaginary standard.
>>>
>>> Yep, there are people who ACTUALLY like who they are. Then there are
>>> the druggies and alcoholics.
>>
>> Perfect example...if I said I had ADHD, would you say the same thing
>> about me as well?
>>
>> --
>> Buny
>
> If you said it, you would be wrong, absolutely convinced and possibly
> under some treatment, but wrong.

....and if I told you that my treatment involved such non-medicinal things as
seen here? http://www.ldonline.org/article/8797?theme=print

Interesting that people automatically jump to the wrong conclusions on
limited information....a diagnosis given to clarify a problem, so that
interventions can be found...preferable the *Least Restrictive Environment*
(special ed keywords--but they can also apply medically--consider this
*Least Invasive*)....

You assUmed medication ......

If I told you I had ADHD, and that these non-medicinal environmental- and
behavioral-modification techniques were effective...what would you then say?



--
Buny

" Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be
normal."
~ Albert Camus


From: Vernon on

"Sumbuny" <Sumbuny(a)THISSHOULDBEGONEcox.net> wrote in message
news:spERg.1341$Rp3.1000(a)dukeread12...
>
> "Vernon" <athere(a)athere> wrote in message
> news:4515cb06$0$23828$882e0bbb(a)news.ThunderNews.com...
>>
>> "Sumbuny" <Sumbuny(a)THISSHOULDBEGONEcox.net> wrote in message
>> news:NcjRg.1294$Rp3.781(a)dukeread12...
>>>
>>> "Vernon" <athere(a)athere> wrote in message
>>> news:45140cd0$0$23894$882e0bbb(a)news.ThunderNews.com...
>>>>
>>>> "Sumbuny" <Sumbuny(a)THISSHOULDBEGONEcox.net> wrote in message
>>>> news:KMEQg.71$Rp3.63(a)dukeread12...
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> "Mark Probert" <markprobert(a)lumbercartel.com> wrote in message
>>>>> news:wPdQg.3212$Se.671(a)trndny03...
>>>>>> http://www.adderallxr.com/ty/ty_story/
>>>>>
>>>>> No surprise there...I suspected he was ADHD since he was on "Trading
>>>>> Spaces"...the fact that he "came out" about it was brave, since so
>>>>> many who have it do not want other to know about it, fearing that it
>>>>> will harm their careers...a shame, really.
>>>>>
>>>>> --
>>>>> Buny
>>>>>
>>>>> " Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to
>>>>> be normal."
>>>>> ~ Albert Camus
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Most who have the imaginary "it" don't know they have "it" and just get
>>>> on with their lives knowing that no two people are alike and REFUSE to
>>>> take drugs to become an automon or programmed personality that fits
>>>> some imaginary standard.
>>>>
>>>> Yep, there are people who ACTUALLY like who they are. Then there are
>>>> the druggies and alcoholics.
>>>
>>> Perfect example...if I said I had ADHD, would you say the same thing
>>> about me as well?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Buny
>>
>> If you said it, you would be wrong, absolutely convinced and possibly
>> under some treatment, but wrong.
>
> ...and if I told you that my treatment involved such non-medicinal things
> as seen here? http://www.ldonline.org/article/8797?theme=print
>
> Interesting that people automatically jump to the wrong conclusions on
> limited information....a diagnosis given to clarify a problem, so that
> interventions can be found...preferable the *Least Restrictive
> Environment* (special ed keywords--but they can also apply
> medically--consider this *Least Invasive*)....
>
> You assUmed medication ......
>
> If I told you I had ADHD, and that these non-medicinal environmental- and
> behavioral-modification techniques were effective...what would you then
> say?
>

You may have things you want to change for some self defined reason. Fine.
Many people need calming habits. (exersices), usually people who have a
genetic need for activity or conscientious rest.

There are many supplements that can aid (change) our attitude. Just because
they are no prescription does not mean they are not medications OR bad OR
good.
If you said it, you would be wrong, absolutely convinced and possibly, under
some treatment, but wrong.

If you wear size 8 shoes, that's you, fine.
If you are very sensitive, fine.
If you have trouble concentrating, that could be good. BTW if you do, the
best I have seen work and ZERO side effects is GABA.
Getting bored quickly can, and usually does, mean lack of challenge for
higher intellect people.

ADHD is just a clumbsy word creted by psychologists and book writers to make
money.
What you (or anyone) would definitely need treatment for would be the notion
that you are like everyone else and are "normal".

>
>
> --
> Buny
>
> " Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be
> normal."
> ~ Albert Camus
>
>


From: Sumbuny on


"Vernon" <athere(a)athere> wrote in message
news:451721d5$0$23888$882e0bbb(a)news.ThunderNews.com...
>
> "Sumbuny" <Sumbuny(a)THISSHOULDBEGONEcox.net> wrote in message
> news:spERg.1341$Rp3.1000(a)dukeread12...
>>
>> "Vernon" <athere(a)athere> wrote in message
>> news:4515cb06$0$23828$882e0bbb(a)news.ThunderNews.com...
>>>
>>> "Sumbuny" <Sumbuny(a)THISSHOULDBEGONEcox.net> wrote in message
>>> news:NcjRg.1294$Rp3.781(a)dukeread12...
>>>>
>>>> "Vernon" <athere(a)athere> wrote in message
>>>> news:45140cd0$0$23894$882e0bbb(a)news.ThunderNews.com...
>>>>>
>>>>> "Sumbuny" <Sumbuny(a)THISSHOULDBEGONEcox.net> wrote in message
>>>>> news:KMEQg.71$Rp3.63(a)dukeread12...
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> "Mark Probert" <markprobert(a)lumbercartel.com> wrote in message
>>>>>> news:wPdQg.3212$Se.671(a)trndny03...
>>>>>>> http://www.adderallxr.com/ty/ty_story/
>>>>>>
>>>>>> No surprise there...I suspected he was ADHD since he was on "Trading
>>>>>> Spaces"...the fact that he "came out" about it was brave, since so
>>>>>> many who have it do not want other to know about it, fearing that it
>>>>>> will harm their careers...a shame, really.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> --
>>>>>> Buny
>>>>>>
>>>>>> " Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to
>>>>>> be normal."
>>>>>> ~ Albert Camus
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Most who have the imaginary "it" don't know they have "it" and just
>>>>> get on with their lives knowing that no two people are alike and
>>>>> REFUSE to take drugs to become an automon or programmed personality
>>>>> that fits some imaginary standard.
>>>>>
>>>>> Yep, there are people who ACTUALLY like who they are. Then there are
>>>>> the druggies and alcoholics.
>>>>
>>>> Perfect example...if I said I had ADHD, would you say the same thing
>>>> about me as well?
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> Buny
>>>
>>> If you said it, you would be wrong, absolutely convinced and possibly
>>> under some treatment, but wrong.
>>
>> ...and if I told you that my treatment involved such non-medicinal things
>> as seen here? http://www.ldonline.org/article/8797?theme=print
>>
>> Interesting that people automatically jump to the wrong conclusions on
>> limited information....a diagnosis given to clarify a problem, so that
>> interventions can be found...preferable the *Least Restrictive
>> Environment* (special ed keywords--but they can also apply
>> medically--consider this *Least Invasive*)....
>>
>> You assUmed medication ......
>>
>> If I told you I had ADHD, and that these non-medicinal environmental- and
>> behavioral-modification techniques were effective...what would you then
>> say?
>>
>
> You may have things you want to change for some self defined reason.
> Fine.
> Many people need calming habits. (exersices), usually people who have a
> genetic need for activity or conscientious rest.

LOL! I took Chinese kung fu/t'ai chi for three years and earned my first
blacks in that discipline...I was taught meditation through that
discipline--did not help me in the problems that my hyperactivity and my
impulsivity have caused....

Did you even *look* at the link I posted...or continue with your
close-minded assUmptions?

>
> There are many supplements that can aid (change) our attitude.

What would it take to change yours?


> Just because they are no prescription does not mean they are not
> medications OR bad OR good.
> If you said it, you would be wrong, absolutely convinced and possibly,
> under some treatment, but wrong.

If I said my eye doctor told me that I needed glasses because my eyes did
not focus...would you besaying the same thing? "If you said it, you would be
wrong, absolutely convinced and possibly, under some treatment, but wrong."

What is needed is help to focus....just because *you* do not need it does
not mean that someone else doesn't...and be thankful for that...


>
> If you wear size 8 shoes, that's you, fine.
> If you are very sensitive, fine.
> If you have trouble concentrating, that could be good. BTW if you do, the
> best I have seen work and ZERO side effects is GABA.
> Getting bored quickly can, and usually does, mean lack of challenge for
> higher intellect people.
>
> ADHD is just a clumbsy word creted by psychologists and book writers to
> make money.

....and what about dysgraphia? I have seen much evidence of it in your
posts....


> What you (or anyone) would definitely need treatment for would be the
> notion that you are like everyone else and are "normal".

You definately do not "get" the concept of my signline at all....and you
probably do not "get" the concept of what people have gone through to "pass"
as something that is "acceptable" to others...whatever is needed to be
"accepted" by their peers...

It must be "so nice" to be accepted for who you are...while you are on your
high horse judging everyone else because you are "perfect"...be thankful
that you have nothing wrong with you and everyone accepts you for who you
are--you do not have to try to "pass as normal"...just to be accepted by
their peers....and not be made fun of, or sneered at...

Much like the reaction I have seen here--predictable to say the least...

Try reading some Camus...perhaps you might understand...


--
Buny

" Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be
normal."
~ Albert Camus


From: David Wright on
In article <1158938448.861054.249950(a)i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
PeterB <pkm(a)mytrashmail.com> wrote:
>
>JohnDoe wrote:

>> That's 2 PhD's at most. Where are the other ones you told us about
>> Vernon? You know, the ones that made you 'dominant scientist' somewhere,
>> helped you invent magnetic tape, got you in top position at NASA, helped
>> you overhaul the complete production procedures at Intel etc. And where
>> did you find the time to learn to speak German? Oh yeah, that's right,
>> you don't speak German.
>
>I guess you have little choice but to attack those infinitely more
>intelligent than you. I mean, what choice do you have?

Non-mathematicians like PeterB would be well advised to avoid
mentioning infinity. It just makes them sound dumb.

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
These are my opinions only, but they're almost always correct.
"George Bush is a gruesome boob." -- Bill Maher
From: David Wright on
In article <GwGRg.1348$Rp3.943(a)dukeread12>,
Sumbuny <Sumbuny(a)THISSHOULDBEGONEcox.net> wrote:
>
>"Vernon" <athere(a)athere> wrote in message
>news:451721d5$0$23888$882e0bbb(a)news.ThunderNews.com...

>> You may have things you want to change for some self defined reason.
>> Fine.
>> Many people need calming habits. (exersices), usually people who
>> have a genetic need for activity or conscientious rest.
>
>LOL! I took Chinese kung fu/t'ai chi for three years and earned my first
>blacks in that discipline...I was taught meditation through that
>discipline--did not help me in the problems that my hyperactivity and my
>impulsivity have caused....
>
>Did you even *look* at the link I posted...or continue with your
>close-minded assUmptions?

I assume your question is rhetorical, Buny. Vernon don't need no
steenkin' references. He already knows everything. Just ask him.

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
These are my opinions only, but they're almost always correct.
"George Bush is a gruesome boob." -- Bill Maher