From: manfred on
Is anyone following the Barneys Formula thread over at the NPF forum?


http://www.psoriasis.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21

the ingredients in Barneys formula are:

one small multivitamin

and add to that
1000-1500 iu of vitamin D3 (cholecalciferal ) more in winter less in
summer
(1000IU= 25mcg)

200mcg selenium
250 mcg B12.......
400 mcg folic acid

2x 1000 flax seed oil
2 x 1200 fish oil
400mg calcium if you don't eat a lot of dairy cheese etc...
200 mg ibuprofen in the evening with water or fluid


If cost is an issue...then take just

1000 iu -1500 iu of vitamin D3 (not D2).. more in winter less in
summer
one multivitamin
200mg ibuprofen with water or fluid..

go for cheap...should be less then $.25/day

next, some important links to read.

http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutriti...t_vitaminD.html
http://mednews.stanford.edu/release...t/full/83/4/731
[url]http://www.vitamindcouncil.com/

I think most will see a great improvement, it takes about a two weeks
to a month to start showing results.. The scalp seems to be the first
thing to clear. Slowly the plaques dry up. Nails are clear after four
months.

Reduce dosage of Vitamin D3 to 1000 iu if you get a lot of summer sun
and once you get a remission lower ibuprofen dosage to every other day
or every third day or less.

I know this sounds simple, but it is very effective and
inexpensive. ..improvement is slower in the winter with a deficit of
vitamin D but as i said, it works and it will enhance your general
health. I feel great and have felt no negative side effects since i
began the formula.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is an example of someone who uses it:

Very Happy with BF.

Hi, I have had P for 3 years but was misdiagnosed the first year. Each
year it has gotten worse for me and the last two flares have covered
most of my body completly. Sun has always seemed to help but could not
get me to clear completely. I discoverd this thread back in April and
started BF right away. I started with the full formula and have been
on it ever since. I have not changed my diet or anything but I do
continue to use a tanning bed atleast once a week. I have been
completly clear since June and hope that I will remain clear. I take
my suppliments all together at night everyday but now only take the
ibuprophen every other to every three days.

In the begining I started the formula and continued tanning as well as
putting on topicals. I did start to clear right away but then after
about 4 weeks flared up on my torso and legs. I just kept taking my
supplements but cut out the topicals even with the flare and my
clearing began again. I contunied to clear without any more set backs
and have been clear since June. I am 25 years old and you would not
even know that just a few months ago I was covered in P.

I am so happy and thankful that BJ has helped me. I hope others can
find this kind of sucess and happiness with this formula. When I
flared after a month I was so worried it would not work for me but I
just kept taking the formula and now I couldn't be happier. P is
aweful and almost ruined my life (I am a very self conscience person),
but with BJ's formula and after reading about others that have been
helped by the formula I tried it and it was the easiest best thing I
have done to help my P.

Sorry this is so long just wanted everyone to know how much this has
helped me.

From: randall on
On Aug 15, 9:33 am, manfred <manfre...(a)lycos.com> wrote:
> Is anyone following the Barneys Formula thread over at the NPF forum?
>


I've taken all of these vitamins and supplements with very little
success in the past.

When I seriously took cod liver oil or flax seed oil did I see real
progress.

But after several months I hit a plateau.

Using the sweet whey and wit kit did the trick that turned the worm.

Now I can afford to test the culprits against supplements like ala/alc
and SAMe etc....

So? Maybe Barney's formula will help a majority of moderate to mild
psoriatics?


randall.... at least you don't need some expensive pharmO MTX or tnf
blocker!

From: manfred on
On Aug 15, 12:07 pm, randall <ranhu...(a)aol.com> wrote:
> On Aug 15, 9:33 am, manfred <manfre...(a)lycos.com> wrote:
>
> > Is anyone following the Barneys Formula thread over at the NPF forum?
>
> I've taken all of these vitamins and supplements with very little
> success in the past.
>
> When I seriously took cod liver oil or flax seed oil did I see real
> progress.
>
> But after several months I hit a plateau.
>
> Using the sweet whey and wit kit did the trick that turned the worm.
>
> Now I can afford to test the culprits against supplements like ala/alc
> and SAMe etc....
>
> So? Maybe Barney's formula will help a majority of moderate to mild
> psoriatics?
>
> randall.... at least you don't need some expensive pharmO MTX or tnf
> blocker!

The necessary key in the forumla seems to be the 200mg ibuprofen taken
daily. Did you include that when you were using these supplements?

From: randall on
On Aug 15, 2:05 pm, manfred <manfre...(a)lycos.com> wrote:

>
> The necessary key in the forumla seems to be the 200mg ibuprofen taken
> daily. Did you include that when you were using these supplements?

No. But in other trials it seems to make things worse.

Check the group,
http://groups.google.com/groups/search?q=ibuprofen+psoriasis+&qt_s=Search

Quite a few folks say it makes things worse.

randall


From: manfred on
On Aug 15, 4:19 pm, randall <ranhu...(a)aol.com> wrote:
> On Aug 15, 2:05 pm, manfred <manfre...(a)lycos.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> > The necessary key in the forumla seems to be the 200mg ibuprofen taken
> > daily. Did you include that when you were using these supplements?
>
> No. But in other trials it seems to make things worse.
>
> Check the group,http://groups.google.com/groups/search?q=ibuprofen+psoriasis+&qt_s=Se...
>
> Quite a few folks say it makes things worse.
>
> randall

A quote from one of the posters over there:

In some cases, high, sustained doses of Ibubrpfen can bring on
psoriaisis.

Low doses of ibuprofen (200 mg, and sometimes 400 mg) are available
over the counter (OTC) in most countries. Ibuprofen has a dose-
dependent duration of action of approximately 4-8 hours, which is
longer than suggested by its short half-life. The recommended dose
varies with body mass and indication. Generally, the oral dose is 200-
400 mg (5-10 mg/kg in children) every 4-6 hours, adding up to a usual
daily dose of 800-1200 mg. 1200 mg is considered the maximum daily
dose for over-the-counter use, though under medical direction, a
maximum daily dose of 3200 mg may sometimes be used in increments of
600--800 mg.

So in essence, Barney's Formula calls for one 200mg Ibubrofen a day.
This is equivalent to 1/4 to 1/16 of "theraputic doses".
In short, this small dose is highly unlikely to aggrevate psoriasis,
and more likely to benefit due to it's anti-inflammatory properties.

Another quote:
Ibuprofen is a cox l and cox II inhibitor..as I explained previously
Cyclooxygenase (cox) are enzymes which make prostaglandins,,,compounds
made from fatty acids which are necessarily for health but can present
some problems..such as inflammation.

Ibuprofen is not just a COX inhibitor but can also block transcription
factors (proteins) of the NF-AT family which control the activation of
genes encoding cytokines and also suppressing Tcell activation both of
which are directly involved in psoriasis.

So ibuprofen in conjunction With Vitamin D effecting Tcell VDR's
(vitamin D receptors)appears to (MAY) be an effective treatment for
psoriasis. The addition of more omega 3 and less omega 6 fatty acids
alters the type of prostaglandins produced and is another important
ingredient to the formula.

The three,,Vitamin D, ibuprofen and omega 3 fatty acids all work at
reducing immune response, inflammation and symptoms of psoriasis. It's
a slow process but I think it's effective (FOR SOME).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In any case, it seems several are having success with the formula.

There is also a thread on http://www.psoriasis-help.org.uk/forum/index.php/topic,13499.0.html

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: What we thought of the movie "Sicko"
Next: get kelp